Be inspired and convince yourself of our training to become a power plant operator in Tyrol, Carinthia, Styria, Lower Austria and Upper Austria. Curious about your unique workplace?
Training as a power plant operator at VERBUND
Do you want to learn more about the dimensions of our power plants?
Training to become a power plant operator at the Kaprun site
VERBUND job story: Power plant operator in “metals technology” at the Kaprun site
VERBUND job story: Power plant operator in “electrical engineering” at the Kaprun site
Proceeding with responsibility.
If not us, then who?
We want more. For Austria, customers, us. We are the power for renewable energy. If someone is to shape the future, then let it be us.
Secure the electricity supply for Austria with clean electricity generated entirely from hydropower!
You’ll get a job anywhere with this apprenticeship!
With us, you get:
- Highly professional training by our appreciative and experienced masters of training
- An iPad – for work and for your free time
- A superbly equipped training place with high safety standards for machines and processes
- A good community during and outside of working hours – including with joint sporting activities
- We offer you development and further training opportunities for exciting, diverse activities
according to collective agreement 2020 per month, gross plus allowance(s):
- 1st year of training: €738.78
- 2nd year of training: €945.30
- 3rd year of training: €1,236.74
- 4th year of training: €1,633.07
Your apprenticeship. Your power plant
Your training in detail:
1st year of training:
- theoretical and practical basic training
at one of the apprentice workshops in Kaprun or Ybbs-Persenbeug
2nd year of training:
- work experience in the power plant
- modular training at one of the apprentice workshops in Kaprun or Ybbs-Persenbeug and
- vocational college in Salzburg, Hallein or Amstetten
3rd and 4th year of training:
- in-depth knowledge of various modules
- programming and visualisation of complex systems
with the latest memory-programmable controllers
Your tasks include the installation, testing, initial operation, controlling, maintenance and repair of power plant systems as well as systems for energy supply and energy distribution.
#FolgeDeinemAntrieb (#FollowYourDrive) and become an apprentice in the field of electrical engineering and metals technology!
Apprentice power plant operator
Electrical engineering and metals technology
Duration: 4 years
It’s only possible with you:
- In the power plant, you’ll fabricate, assemble, install and maintain our electrical operating mechanical engineering technology systems
- You’ll complete the apprenticeship Electronics Technician for Operating Technology on a three-year training course – optionally, you can add Metals Technology, shortened to one year
How to become a part of us:
- You have completed compulsory schooling
- You are good with your hands
- You have a head for technology and mathematics
- You have good spatial imagination
Apprentice wage: from €738.78 gross per month plus allowance(s) (according to collective agreement 2020)
Start of apprenticeship: September 2021