According to VERBUND the VERBUND offer reflects the conviction expressed repeatedly by the VERBUND Board of Management: that full use of the existing synergy potentials to the benefit of both companies’ shareholders and the clients will only be possible by merging and not by loose co-operations.
Energie AG OÖ will continue as independent company seated in Linz. In the sales and marketing area its comprehensive know-how could be used. The capacities of the power stations are to be bundled, co-operations for the networks in the 110 kV range are to be intensified.
The focus will be on the following targets:
- formation of an Austrian power group holding a strong position in the liberalized market,
- protecting regional interests and taking staff interests into account,
- strengthening eco-friendly hydropower production,
- strengthening the competitive position of both companies in Austria and abroad, and
- improvement of the going concern values.
The project is to be the basis of a comprehensive Austrian solution and is, therefore, open to other companies in the Austrian electricity industry.