Valid from December 2018
1. These conditions of participation take effect when people participate in prize draws of VERBUND AG, Am Hof 6a, 1010 Vienna (“VERBUND”) in the social web. By participating in the prize draw, the participants accepts the conditions of participation and confirms the correct, truthful and complete provision of the data requested for participation in the prize draw. Any further conditions of participation (e.g. type and duration of the prize draw, type and extent of the prize, type of participation) will be indicated for each prize draw.
2. The prize draw is open to citizens and permanent residents of Austria and Germany aged 18 years or over. Participation is restricted to one entry per person. Participation in the competition is only possible in your own name. Present and former employees of VERBUND and its subsidiaries as well as their family members and all advertising agencies and event companies involved in organising and holding the prize draw as well as their respective family members are excluded from participating in the prize draw. Persons who use unauthorised resources, or otherwise obtain advantages through manipulation (e.g. automated entries), are also excluded. In such an event, prizes may subsequently also be revoked and reclaimed. VERBUND reserves the right to demand participants furnish proof that they fulfil these terms and conditions. If this proof is not furnished as requested, the participant may be excluded from the prize draw.
3. Participation is free of charge (with the exception of any costs for the necessary internet connection), voluntary and without obligation for the participants.
4. The winner will be drawn from amongst all successful entries. The draw will take place privately and without the attendance of a notary public. The winner will be drawn at random from amongst all entries.
5. VERBUND reserves the right to delete posts that violate the guidelines of a social network, the rights or third parties or applicable law. There will be no notification about the deletion.
6. Data protection information: The personal data collected for participation in the prize draw (title, gender, first name, last name, contacts details (e.g. email address and/or phone number and information relevant to the prize draw) will be used by VERBUND to process and administer the prize draw until the prize draw ends and thereafter if any claims can be brought from participation in the prize draw. Further information regarding your privacy can be found in point 8 of the VERBUND AG privacy statement at www.verbund.com/en-at/data-protection.
7. The winner hereby declares that his/her name may be published by VERBUND in online media (website, social media, etc.). This consent may be revoked at any time (by sending an email to email@example.com). The winner can only be published without consent in anonymised form.
8. The winner will be notified by email, phone or private message via the social network. If the winner does not get in touch within 72 hours of receiving such notification, entitlement to the prize shall be forfeited and a new winner will be chosen at random. The participant is responsible for the correctness of the contact details provided.
9. Prizes cannot be exchanged for cash and/or transferred to third parties. There is no legal entitlement to a prize or any subsequent changes to a prize. Legal recourse is excluded. VERBUND assumes no liability or warranty for prizes or a certain quality or value of the prize. The participants bear any operating, incidental or consequential costs associated with the prize. In the case of prizes that include tickets for events, access to these events is only possible with a confirmation email/letter. The winner must bring the confirmation email/letter and an official form of photographic ID with them to the event.
10. VERBUND makes no warranty as to the permanent availability and function of the prize draw. VERBUND assumes no liability for technical problems that impair the smooth running of the prize draw, obstruct participation in the prize draw or even render it impossible.
11. Subsequent additions and/or changes to the conditions of participation as well as changes to the prizes and to the deadlines for participating in the prize draw remain expressly reserved. VERBUND also reserves the right to terminate or interrupt the prize draw or the draw at any time for important reasons without prior notice. This applies particularly to such reasons that would disrupt or prevent the scheduled running of the prize draw or the draw.
12. The prize draw is governed exclusively by Austrian law with the exception of its reference standards and the UN Sales Convention. For consumers, this choice of law shall apply only insofar as the protection provided is revoked by mandatory provisions of the law of the state in which the consumer has his or her usual place of residence.
13. Should individual provisions of these conditions of participation be or become invalid or unenforceable, this shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions.
14. The prize draw is not sponsored, supported or organised in any way by a social network (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.), nor is it affiliated with a social network in any way. The participant makes the indicated data required for holding the prize draw available only to VERBUND and not to a social network.