New Headquarters for the Whole VERBUND Group

7/1/2004Wien

VERBUND, Austria’s leading electricity company (currently around 2,600 employees), integrated its whole administration within one building: at 1010 Wien, Am Hof 6a.

Since in 1999 four administration buildings have been sold: Rudolfsplatz 13a in downtown Vienna (1999), Kohldorferstrasse 98 in Klagenfurt (2002), Rainerstrasse 29 in Salzburg, and recently Parkring 12, also in downtown Vienna. These transactions yielded a total of approx. 46 million euros.

The VERBUND share in the Gartenbau tower block at Parkring (42.7 %) was recently sold for 16.6 million EUR to Wiener Immobilienprojektgruppe Cuubuus. Approx. 13,000 m2 of VERBUND office space were vacated in the last few days.

As a countermove to these sales the company enlarged its headquarters at Am Hof to nearly double capacity for 13 million EUR, turning it into headquarters comprising 725 workplaces now. The reconstruction and relocation works are over by and large and will be entirely completed by the end of this year. Next year, the entrance area will also be redeveloped to be up to the “first address” in questions of electricity in Austria.

As we reported earlier, the company recently received the Facility Award 2004, which is awarded for real estate concepts with an excellent cost-benefit-ratio, for the redevelopment of the VERBUND headquarters at Am Hof 6a.