Training as a power plant operator at VERBUND in eastern Austria
Do you want to learn more about our unique place of work at our power plant in eastern Austria?
Watch our videos right now
Training to become a power plant operator at the Ybbs site
VERBUND job story: Power plant operator in “metals technology” at the Ybbs site
VERBUND job story: Power plant operator in “electrical engineering” at the Ybbs site
Your apprenticeship at VERBUND – training and free time
We want more. For Austria, customers, us. We are the power for renewable energy. If someone is to shape the future, then let it be us.
Secure the electricity supply for your home with clean electricity generated entirely from hydropower!
#vorangehen (#proceed) – embark on your future with energy!
Become an apprentice at VERBUND in the field of electrical engineering and metals technology!
You’ll get a job anywhere with this apprenticeship!
With us, you get:
- Highly professional training by our appreciative and experienced masters of training
- An iPad – for work and for your free time
- A superbly equipped training place with high safety standards for machines and processes
- A good community during and outside of working hours – including with joint sporting activities
- We offer you development and further training opportunities for exciting, diverse activities
according to collective agreement 2023 per month, gross plus allowance(s):
- 1st year of training: € 900.00
- 2nd year of training: €1,122.00
- 3rd year of training: €1,458.00
- 4th year of training: €1,925.00
Your apprenticeship. Your power plant.
Your training in detail:
1st year of training:
- theoretical and practical basic training at one of the apprentice workshops in Kaprun or Ybbs-Persenbeug
2nd year of training:
- work experience in the power plant
- modular training at one of the apprentice workshops in Kaprun or Ybbs-Persenbeug and
- Amstetten Vocational College
3rd and 4th year of training:
- in-depth knowledge of various modules
- programming and visualisation of complex systems with the latest programmable logic controllers
Your tasks include the installation, testing, initial operation, controlling, maintenance and repair of power plant systems as well as systems for energy supply and energy distribution.
Would you like to have a taster?
On our Taster Days, you can get to know our professions and get detailed information about the apprenticeships. You can also get in contact with us in person and speak with our apprentices at trade fairs and events. You can find information on events, dates and venues under Event Calendar and Taster Days.