Training as a power plant operator at VERBUND in Western Austria
Do you want to learn more about the dimensions of our power plants?
Be inspired and convince yourself of our training to become a power plant operator in Tyrol, Carinthia, Styria, Lower Austria and Upper Austria. Curious about your unique workplace?
Your opportunities to get to know us and interesting apprentice fairs
Schwaz town centreOpen Air Career Fair Schwaz
Insights into the training to become a power plant operator
Training to become a power plant operator at the Kaprun site
VERBUND job story: Power plant operator in “metals technology” at the Kaprun site
VERBUND job story: Power plant operator in “electrical engineering” at the Kaprun site
Our Youngsters in Action – power plant workers at VERBUND
Your apprenticeship at VERBUND – training and free time
We want more. For Austria, customers, us. We are the power for renewable energy. If someone is to shape the future, then let it be us.
Secure the electricity supply for Austria with clean electricity generated entirely from hydropower!
You’ll get a job anywhere with this apprenticeship!
With us, you get:
- Highly professional training by our appreciative and experienced masters of training
- An iPad – for work and for your free time
- A superbly equipped training place with high safety standards for machines and processes
- A good community during and outside of working hours – including with joint sporting activities
- We offer you development and further training opportunities for exciting, diverse activities
according to collective agreement 2023 per month, gross plus allowance(s):
- 1st year of training: € 900.00
- 2nd year of training: €1,122.00
- 3rd year of training: €1,458.00
- 4th year of training: €1,925.00
Your apprenticeship. Your power plant
Your training in detail:
1st year of training:
- theoretical and practical basic training
at one of the apprentice workshops in Kaprun or Ybbs-Persenbeug
2nd year of training:
- work experience in the power plant
- modular training at one of the apprentice workshops in Kaprun or Ybbs-Persenbeug and
- vocational college in Salzburg, Hallein or Amstetten
3rd and 4th year of training:
- in-depth knowledge of various modules
- programming and visualisation of complex systems
with the latest memory-programmable controllers
Your tasks include the installation, testing, initial operation, controlling, maintenance and repair of power plant systems as well as systems for energy supply and energy distribution.