St. Martin Storage Power Plant

VERBUND's St. Martin power plant is a storage power plant situated in the municipality of St. Martin am Wöllmissberg in Styria. It was constructed from 1964 until 1965.

*Source: ENTSO-E Production 2017

The Hierzmann annual storage was built between 1947 and 1950 and made a big improvement to the storage capacity of the Teigitsch group. The St. Martin cavern power plant has a bottleneck capacity of 9,800 kW and was put into operation in 1965 with one machine set.

Technical Data:

Owner: VERBUND Hydro Power GmbH
Operating company: VERBUND Hydro Power GmbH
Beginning of operation: 1965
Type:  Storage 
Country, State:  Austria, Styria 
Capacity:
9.8 MW 
Annual generation: 14,867.6 MWh  
Turbines:
Kaplan 
Fish bypass: no