Training as a power plant operator at VERBUND
Do you want to learn more about the dimensions of our power plants?
Be inspired and convince yourself of our training to become a power plant operator in Lower Austria, Upper Austria, Salzburg, Tyrol, Carinthia and Styria. Curious about your unique workplace?
#vorangehen (#proceed) – embark on your future with energy!
Become an apprentice at VERBUND in the field of electrical engineering and metals technology!
Proceed with responsibility.
If not here, then where?
Proceed with responsibility.
If not us, then who?
We want more. For Austria, customers, us. We are the power for renewable energy. If someone is to shape the future, then let it be us. So let’s go forwards together! Each of us. After all, we’re VERBUND. Is that courageous? No, it’s the right thing to do! Because we bear responsibility for our climate and environment.
VERBUND works around the clock to ensure a safe and clean power supply from renewable energies. Almost 100% of our electricity comes from climate-friendly hydropower, supplemented with wind and solar energy. VERBUND has always been a pioneer for renewable energy: As one of Europe’s largest energy companies, we’ve played an important role in shaping the energy future for over 70 years.
Your missionSecure the electricity supply for your home with clean electricity generated entirely from hydropower! As an apprentice, you’ll play an important role in this.
You’ll get a job anywhere with this apprenticeship!
With us, you get:
- Highly professional training by our appreciative and experienced masters of training
- An iPad – for work and for your free time
- A superbly equipped training place with high safety standards for machines and processes
- A good community during and outside of working hours – including with joint sporting activities
- We offer you development and further training opportunities for exciting, diverse activities
according to collective agreement 2021 per month, gross plus allowance(s):
- 1st year of training: €749.86
- 2nd year of training: €959.48
- 3rd year of training: €1,255.29
- 4th year of training: €1,657.57
Your apprenticeship. Your power plant
Your training in detail:
1st year of training:
- theoretical and practical basic training
at one of the apprentice workshops in Kaprun or Ybbs-Persenbeug
2nd year of training:
- work experience in the power plant
- modular training at one of the apprentice workshops in Kaprun or Ybbs-Persenbeug
- vocational college in Salzburg, Hallein or Amstetten
3rd and 4th year of training:
- in-depth knowledge of various modules
- programming and visualisation of complex systems
with the latest programmable logic controllers
Your tasks include the installation, testing, initial operation, controlling, maintenance and repair of power plant systems as well as systems for energy supply and energy distribution.
Would you like to have a taster first?On our Taster Days, you can get to know our professions and get detailed information about the apprenticeships. You can also get in contact with us in person and speak with our apprentices at trade fairs and events. You can find information on events, dates and venues under Event Calendar and Taster Days.
Do you have any more questions about an apprenticeship at VERBUND?You can find further information on the apprenticeships under Our Apprenticeship in the power plants.
You can find answers under Frequently Asked Questions on Apprenticeships.
We are here to answer your questions on tel. +43 (0)50313-54155. You are also welcome to send us your questions by email.