Bösdornau Storage Power Plant

VERBUND's power plant at Bösdornau is a storage power plant located at the valley-facing exit of the Zemmgrund below Finkenberg in the Zillertal Valley in Tyrol. It was built from 1928 until 1930.

Technical Description

 An 840 m long power descent goes from the Tuxbach power plant to the Bösdornau powerhouse, where the water is also channelled from the Stilluppbach over a 680 m long power descent. There are five installed machine units in the powerhouse (two with Francis turbines and three with Pelton turbines) with an installed capacity of altogether 25,300 kW. The generated electricity is then fed into the 110 kV grid via an outdoor substation.

Auf einen Blick:

Owner: VERBUND Hydro Power GmbH
Operating company: VERBUND Hydro Power GmbH                                 
Beginning of operation: 1940
Type:  Storage
Country, State Austria, Tyrol
Waters: Zemm
Capacity: 25 MW
Annual generation: 69.663 MWh
Turbines: Francis (2), Pelton (3)
Fish Bypass: no

Cross-sections of the power plant:

Cross-section of Bösdornau
Cross-section of the Bösdornau storage power plant