The power plant has an annual generation of 316 GWh.
The final structure was erected between 1943 and 1945 as a 37 metre-high vaulted wall. In the years that followed, the retaining wall was frequently renovated and extended, and a new slide chamber and tipping basin were erected. At the same time, the water level of the Gmünd storage facility was increased by 1 metre to 1,191.25 metres. The useful capacity now amounts to 0.85 million m3.
Turbines and generators:
In the two machine halls of the storage power plant there are five machine sets (Pelton turbines) with a total bottleneck capacity of 200 MW.