The Kaprun-Klammsee power plant was built between 1938 and 1949, serves for the supply of its own energy requirement for the storage power plants in Kaprun and, with an average head of 65 metres, uses the outflows from the remaining catchment area of the Kaprun valley, which is not covered by the Kaprun main stage power plant. The power plant generates 3.3 GWh of electricity per year on average.
The auxiliary plant consists of the Klammsee reservoir (a daily storage facility that is held back by the Bürg dam), a headrace and two machine sets in the main stage powerhouse with a total rated output of 500 kW.
Klammsee reservoir: 200,000 m3 capacity
Bürg dam: 19 metre-high gravity wall
Headrace: 430 metres