Neuötting Run-of-River Power Plant

VERBUND's power plant at Neuötting is a run-of-river plant situated on the river Inn and below the Isen estuary in Bavaria.

Technical Description 

The Neuötting power plant was built from 1948 and 1951, it was the first power plant to be built in what is called the pancake design after the Second World War, to meet the drastic increase in demand for electricity. The facility comprises a weir on the left bank and a power house located on the adjoining right bank made up of three vertical axes Kaplan turbines and three DC coupled three-phase generators. These generate an annual average of around 159 GWh of electricity. Furthermore, at the Neuötting power plant a fish ladder is being planned. 

Technical data:

Owner: VERBUND Innkraftwerke GmbH
Operating company: VERBUND Innkraftwerke GmbH
Beginning of Operation: 1951
Type:  Run-of-river
Country, State: Germany, Bavaria
Waters: Inn
Capacity: 26.1 MW
Annual generation: 159,400 MWh
Turbines: Kaplan (4)
Fish bypass: yes