Be inspired and convince yourself of our training to become a power plant operator in Lower Austria, Upper Austria, Salzburg, Tyrol, Carinthia and Styria. Curious about your unique workplace?
Training as a power plant operator at VERBUND
Do you want to learn more about the dimensions of our power plants?
You’ll get a job anywhere with this apprenticeship!
With us, you get:
- Highly professional training by our appreciative and experienced masters of training
- An iPad – for work and for your free time
- A superbly equipped training place with high safety standards for machines and processes
- A good community during and outside of working hours – including with joint sporting activities
- We offer you development and further training opportunities for exciting, diverse activities
according to collective agreement 2021 per month, gross plus allowance(s):
- 1st year of training: €749.86
- 2nd year of training: €959.48
- 3rd year of training: €1,255.29
- 4th year of training: €1,657.57
Your apprenticeship. Your power plant
Your training in detail:
1st year of training:
- theoretical and practical basic training
at one of the apprentice workshops in Kaprun or Ybbs-Persenbeug
2nd year of training:
- work experience in the power plant
- modular training at one of the apprentice workshops in Kaprun or Ybbs-Persenbeug
- vocational college in Salzburg, Hallein or Amstetten
3rd and 4th year of training:
- in-depth knowledge of various modules
- programming and visualisation of complex systems
with the latest programmable logic controllers
Your tasks include the installation, testing, initial operation, controlling, maintenance and repair of power plant systems as well as systems for energy supply and energy distribution.
Give your future energy and become an apprentice in the field of electrical engineering and metals technology!
Apprentice power plant operator
Electrical engineering and metals technology
Duration: 4 years
It’s only possible with you:
- In the power plant, you’ll fabricate, assemble, install and maintain our electrical operating mechanical engineering technology systems
- You will learn two professions over four years of training
How to become a part of us:
- You have completed compulsory schooling
- You are good with your hands
- You have a head for technology and mathematics
- You have good spatial imagination
Apprentice wage: from €749.86 gross per month plus allowance(s) (according to collective agreement 2021)
Start of apprenticeship: September 2022
Apprenticeships for 2021 fully booked
We will start advertising our apprenticeships for 2022 again in September.
Register for the Job Notification and we’ll inform you by email as soon as we advertise an apprenticeship. If you have found an apprenticeship that suits you, then we look forward to receiving your application.
Would you like to have a taster first?On our Taster Days, you can get to know our professions and get detailed information about the apprenticeships. You can also get in contact with us in person and speak with our apprentices at trade fairs and events. You can find information on events, dates and venues under Event Calendar and Taster Days.
Do you have any more questions about an apprenticeship at VERBUND?You can find further information on the apprenticeships under Our Apprenticeship in the power plants.
You can find answers under Frequently Asked Questions on Apprenticeships.
We are here to answer your questions on tel. +43 (0)50313-54155. You are also welcome to send us your questions by email.