Visit us at the Freudenau power plant and experience a fascinating, 90-minute glimpse behind the scenes of electricity generation. The stories of hydropower and of this power plant are told in the information centre with its own cinema, various exhibition objects and a large model of the power plant.
Due to the current situation, please note the following restrictions:
- Fixed tour times: every Sunday and public holiday at 2:00 pm and every 2nd and 4th Sunday in the month at 10:00 am
- Guided tour by arrangement: Monday to Thursday, between 5:00 pm and 7:00 pm, as well as Friday to Sunday, between 7:00 am and 7:00 pm
- Groups of up to 26 people possible (16 people per tour guide).
- Keep a minimum distance of 1 metre from people outside your household.
- FFP2 mask must be worn inside the building.
- Please avoid contact with the operating team.
Written registration is needed at least 48 hours in advance.
Prices for groups with prior reservation:
|Single price for school children (children and youths up to 18 years; minimum group size: 10 children, or €33.00 minimum entry; one adult escort goes free for each commenced group of 15 children):||€ 3.30 per person|
|Single price for adults (people over 18 years; minimum group size: 10 people, or €66.00 minimum entry; also applies to additional escorts of groups of children):||€6.60 per person|
|Single price for children and youths from 6 to 19 years (family tours on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays; no minimum group size):||€ 3.90 per person|
|Single price for adults (family tours on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays; no minimum group size):||€ 7.80 per person|
|Single price for children kinderaktiv | holiday games||€3.00 per person|
|Single price for adults kinderaktiv | holiday games||€ 4.80 per person|
All prices inclusive of VAT
50% discount for holders of a disability pass.
Family tours for single people and families (year-round, every Sunday and public holiday at 2:00 pm and every 2nd Sunday and public holiday at 10:00 am, registration required!)
Participation in guided tours is not possible for pregnant women, people with pacemakers and other implanted electronic medical devices or for people with a high temperature or flu-like symptoms. We apologise for any inconvenience.