Welcome to the Danube power plant Vienna Freudenau
We’re here for you again! Go on a power plant tour and take a look behind the scenes of electricity generation here.
Visit us at the Freudenau power plant and experience a fascinating, 90-minute glimpse behind the scenes of electricity generation. The stories of hydropower and of this power plant are told in the information centre with its own cinema, various exhibition objects and a large model of the power plant.
Due to the current situation, please note the following restrictions:
- Fixed tour times: every Sunday and public holiday at 2:00 pm and every 2nd and 4th Sunday in the month at 10:00 am
- Guided tour by arrangement: Monday to Thursday, between 5:00 pm and 7:00 pm, as well as Friday to Sunday, between 7:00 am and 7:00 pm
(Information centre and outdoor area – possible Monday to Sunday, between 7:00 am and 7:00 pm)
- Groups of up to 25 people possible, maximum 2 groups at the same time.
- An FFP2 mask must be worn during the tour
- 3G for everyone, current negative Sars-CoV-2 test requested in own interest.
- Please avoid contact with the operating team.
- Photos may be taken for private purposes, film and sound recordings only with the written consent of VERBUND.
- Your contact data (name, email) will be saved for processing the registration and for statistical purposes. A list of all participants must be brought along on group tours.
- The Covid-19 regulations might change by the date of the visit so the provisions applicable on the day of the plant tour always apply.
Written registration is needed at least 48 hours in advance.
All prices inclusive of VAT The fee for the tour is to be paid in cash on site.
50% discount for holders of a disability pass.
Family tours for single people and families (year-round, every Sunday and public holiday at 2:00 pm and every 2nd Sunday and public holiday at 10:00 am, registration required!)
Participation in tours is not possible for pregnant women, people with pacemakers and other implanted, electronic, medical devices or for people with a fever or symptoms of a flu-like illness. We apologise for any inconvenience.
3D experience at Danube power plant Freudenau
Discover the secrets behind the power plant walls with our 3D app. With the free VERBUND app, your smartphone becomes a pair of 3D glasses. On a virtual tour of the power plant, you can explore the invisible parts of the power plant that lie behind thick concrete walls or under the Danube.
You can get the glasses you need for this from us at the power plant.