Neuötting Run-of-River Power Plant

VERBUND's power plant at Neuötting is a run-of-river plant situated on the river Inn and below the Isen estuary in Bavaria.

*Source: ENTSO-E Production 2017

The Neuötting power plant was built between 1948 and 1951, the first power plant to be constructed after the Second World War as a means to coping with the rapidly growing demand for electricity. Four Kaplan turbines generate an annual average of around 159 GWh of electricity and can therefore supply about 36,100 households in the region with environmentally friendly electricity produced entirely from hydropower.
 
The plant consists of a weir arranged on the left bank followed by a powerhouse on the right bank comprising four Kaplan turbines and four directly coupled three-phase generators. These generate an annual average of around 159 GWh of electricity.